May 19, 2006

Bird's Eye View

High on top of Kodak's Office Tower in Rochester, NY is a nest created specifically for Kaver and Mariah and their babies. Kaver and Mariah are Peregrine Falcons, birds that used to be on the endangered species list. They have successfully raised hatchlings there every year since 2002.

Five Birdcams were set up to monitor the falcons. This year, Mariah laid six eggs, while in the past it has been anywhere between two and five. The last time I checked the birdcam. Mariah was outside getting some air and a view of the city while the hatchlings were sleeping. Take a look and tell me what you see.

5 comments:

John said...

It doesn't move too much does it! I (used to) really enjoy checking out web cams all over the world, but those were during the Broadband days.

Dialup is soooo damn slow that it's difficult, depending on how the page your trying to load is built, and other factors....

Hope things are well for you, appreciate the visit over at my site, ann marie. I've been slowly reloading my Blogroll list (and other data) on the right sidebar, I knew there are several I've omitted.

I'll add you back to the roll, ok?

Have an excellent weekend, cheers! ;)

Miss Bliss said...

Hi there! Guess who? I haven't heard from you in ages. I keep checking your blog so I know you are okay....
As far as the bird is concerned to be honest I didn't even know it was still nesting!

I can't believe how big Kenzie is getting! I bet Ayden would love to play with her!

Take care

KKT said...

oh how cool is that??

Stefani said...

I've known about the bird cam for ages but never peeked. There are babies over there now! Thanks for the link.

...just-rambling... said...

The babies are getting big! No wonder the mom is not around much!